Training Officer, Jordan
Based in Amman, Jordan
Scope for flexible working hours Opportunity to work for a leading organization working with and for older people globally
If you are looking to progress your career in a great working environment, please read on.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including 21 days holiday (plus bank holidays), enhanced maternity and adoption pay, and generous employer pension contribution. We also actively support our staff with a variety of flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life.
- HelpAge International's Purpose
Our vision is a world in which all older people can lead dignified, healthy, and secure lives. Our mission is to promote the wellbeing and inclusion of older men and women and reduce poverty in later life. The world we want is one where every older woman and man, everywhere, can say:
- "I have the income I need."
- "I enjoy the best possible health and quality of life."
- "I am safe and secure, free from discrimination and abuse.”
- "My voice is heard."
2. Job Purpose
Under the supervision of the Country Program Manager, the training officer will identify the training needs and map out learning and development plans for the inclusion agenda related to older men and women. The training officer will get acquainted with the newly developed 5 modules and conduct training sessions with the Master Trainers and independently. S/he will also look into other available training materials and provide updates, as needed. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
3. Job Responsibilities
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for planning, administration, and monitoring of all trainings.
- Mapping out training plans and schedules, designing and adapting current training content.
- Coordinate closely with the Master Trainers to follow up on their training plans and act as co-facilitator if needed.
- Create contingency plans for the ongoing monthly trainings.
- Choosing appropriate training methods per case.
- Market available training opportunities to the local CBOs, NGOs, government, international/national organizations, and the cluster groups.
- Ensure that all training program deliverables are met according to expected standards and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all training forms and reports.
- Follow up on our newly launched online digital platform and prepare a plan to launch it remotely.
- Provide trainings to other projects and programs as required.
- Build relationships with local and international organizations to advance the training into practical inclusion matters.
- Comply with HelpAge international policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities, fraud and other relevant policies and procedures.